Thursday, April 23, 2009

My feelings of American life

GMBA
Na Cui

It’s almost eight months since I came to Kean University. There are too many good memories and I just don’t know where to begin with. When I post my American life on my space, my friends in China wonder, “why you enjoy so much since people who first go abroad wanna be back?” I tell them that, “Because I have a big family here.”

Yes, without the assistance of Global MBA office, I can’t imagine how I could handle with the totally new life abroad, not even mention that enjoy all kinds of western holidays, take part in different activities and get good grades of my study.

I still remember the first few busy and messy days when I arrived at Kean. No car, no apartment, no medical insurance, no social security number and bunch of paper work need to be filled out. Thanks to all the faculty of Kean University. Ms Banner, who is responsible for the international student, took us to find the apartment which is close to the campus with proper price and help us buy the right furniture; Dr. Shani, who is the supervisor of the Global MBA office take care of us from work to the study, without him, I don’t think we could fall into the new life so quickly; Dr. Zhang, the young and bright professor of GMBA, share lots of her American experience with us and give valuable advice on our study; Dr. Afriyie, the most patient and nicest professor tell us more about America and we feel so comfortable talk to him just like we have the same native language; Mariela, the secretary of GMBA office, is so kind-hearted to help us handle the daily life, from the supermarket, signing the cell phone plan to register the class…And my classmates, especially Reina, also help us a lot, from the presidential election night to the consulting project.

To me, they are just like family members. And I know whatever happened to me, they will always stand besides me and it’ll drive me to improve myself constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment