Friday, April 24, 2009

My life at Kean University

GMBA
Claire Liu
Time flies! I have been studying in America for over 7 months now. Looking back at my life in America, I have so many happy and painful experiences which may be called culture shocks. From the beginning, I have encountered quite some difficulties, such as finding a place to stay and applying for social security number and health insurance. The most difficult is the language barrier – even now sometimes I can’t completely understand what people are saying when they speak quickly. Fortunately, GMBA program and my classmates have helped me in so many ways. The hardest time is over.

During my studying, I have learned a lot of new information from my classmates. Since we’re MBA students who have working experiences, there are lots of group cases to be done in every class. Each classmate has unique experience and background. We talk about our group case and share our different ideas. Finally, we finish our group case and present it together. I remember when I gave my very first presentation, I was a little nervous. My teammates gave me a lot of encouragement and praised me for my performance. From then on, I have found back my confidence and actively participated in group activities with my teammates’ help.
In addition, I have also attended some on-campus activities, such as open house, consulting project for LSC, and research day. I took part in the Parade of Halloween and Thanksgiving in New York City. I also spent Thanksgiving Day at Dr. Shani’s home and Charismas at the home of my parents’ friend. I have also still traveled to Washington D.C. and Boston during the winter and spring break. All these activities have enriched my insight, broadened my vision and made my life colorful. I have truly enjoyed the process and felt very happy and fulfilled. Below are my valuable group pictures.
The President, GMBA’s faulty and French students

The class of Cross Culture

ESL’s classmates


Marketing Strategy group members

The classmates of Leadership class

The classmates of simulation class

All of classmates in Business finance class

No comments:

Post a Comment